Monday, November 12, 2007

Your average American fuck-up.

Sometimes I get a little worried when I see some people not rebelling in some way against their parents. Not that I am suggesting that everyone show go pierce their tongue and join a cult, but a little rebellion is necessary. If you are never fighting what your parents do or say, you could be conforming to their incorrect ideas instead of forming your own. Take, for example, your average way too over protective, wrongly assuming, asshole parent who believes that a coat of iron at least 3 inches thick should be protecting their child at all times. Those parents can get really bad if their kids aren't slapping them on the wrist and saying "Hey, did I ever tell you your are a real dick wad sometimes? Well, you are." It is especially bad when you have that parent speaking out about it. "Well, I don't mean to make this any harder for you or put you on the spot (when they really do), but I am concerned about my child (when they really have just lost a way to either A. grab attention or B. speak about what they think)" They speak about the most ridiculous things. Like "Will the dorm rooms be at least 500 yards apart?" or "Are there going to be more than 20 chaperone's?" I mean, c'mon, your kid is going to be just fine. Stop pissing your pants and get a life that doesn't involve playing God to your child. So, in a way, I take back what I said. If you have this kind of parent, I say go get a couple tats and skip a class or two. You deserve it.

No comments: