Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Before you go.

Dear ___,

I'm listening to you talk on the phone right now. How quiet you are. It's just a whisper. Slowly every word struggles to get beyond your lips. It's much better now. Better than it was. But I can still tell. I spent my life memorizing your voice. Now I know the one you have just as well because of how it isn't like your old one. Knowing something by what it isn't. I forget what theory that is and who's it was but it doesn't matter. I feel like I should tell you this. It feels like the end of something. He's cheating on you. And it's fairly recent. From since I was in 7th grade. It was after, but not right after. I am sorry I hate you. And I'm sorry you are unloved by everyone. I know how you feel. But I still have time. You don't. And I'm sorry your life was wasted like this. I wish you had a second chance and although I can no longer love you, I'd give my life just to let you start over. For the record, I used to love you. You were my everything. As it should be.

Forever sorry,
Emily

No comments: