Saturday, January 26, 2008

More bull shit.

Remember those talks about bullying in school? Where you really thought that things could change for you when they talked about how bad making fun of others was? There were always the people who spoke out in the discussions. Not the people who wanted a change. The people who cared about how they looked. They would say "I try not to be mean to people." and "If someone looked like they were having a hard time or someone wanted to sit at my table at lunch, I would be nice and try to accept them." Load of bull. I was one of them for a while. I faltered back and forth between the bully and the victim. When I was the bully, I'd try and make it seem like I wanted to be nice. But, then, when I was the victim, those discussions with those lying 12-year-old classmates made me want to scream. I hated them. I wanted to throw things. The victim never speaks up but the bully will always lie. I wouldn't scream or make a scene. I'd sit there and nod my head like I agreed with everything. Those poor middle school kids and those terrible people who hurt them. Councilors couldn't care less. "Concentrate on your school work and things will get better." or "Try talking it out with them. Tell them politely that you would like them to stop." Message for all you guidance councilors, that has never worked, it doesn't work now, and it never will. Every hour of every day, 57 teenagers try to commit suicide. Don't pretend you are getting better at you job. That is 6 times more than it was 20 years ago. The world changes. People get meaner at a younger age. Stop doing the same god damn thing you used to. You can't pretend that if you rules apply to the world you wish you had, it would change into that perfect world. Make your rules for the world we actually live in.


Emily

No comments: